One small step into a larger world of technology

Today was when I took my first small step into a larger world of technology.  I began to really learn ArcGIS.  This is a program ,that cost $1,500, built by a world wide company, which the headquaters is in Redlands on New York Street, to build maps on the computer.  I will be working with this technology in a 4-H project.  I will be working with the National Park Service and other orginizations to map weeds that are growing at a fast pace to Joshua Tree National Park.  This weed is a threat because of a fire danger.  Once a fire happens in the desert it can take 15 years for all of the native plants to grow back due to the lack of water.  A fire will turn that part of the desert into a waste land.  I will continue on learning all these technologies on the computer.  This is not a easy technology, I am right now learning a technology that you would learn at a college level and you have to get a masters into to really get good at this technology.  If I continue on with this learning I will be able to help me out when I major for Enviromental Science in College.  Later

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out