Beach Trip That Went Wrong

2012 Summer Series: Blog postings of my summer experiences of 2012.  I had become busy enough to not have time to write about most of my summer until now.  The blogs wont be in full details like other years, and mainly because of my lack of time to write.  Most my time is focused on school.

Prologue:  The night before, I was at the birthday party of Randi (Scotty's Brother Bryan's Wife), and was texting Jane about going with her down to meet up with Jessica and Twig at the beach.  We had planned to meet at Huntington Beach, and that Jane and I would leave from the IE at 11 am.  After having a good time in San Diego, then a nice party with friends this night, adding a beach trip would just make the week even more awesome, since the week had started off bad with the Heart Rock Hike.

July 29, 2012

In the morning, things seemed to start out just right.  Woke up and got ready with the excited feeling of going to the beach.  Drove to Jane's house in San Timoteo Canyon, and we headed on down to Huntington Beach.     The drive on the freeway had seemed to go quite well.  We got to Newport Beach, and headed north on the PCH.  As we started getting into Huntington Beach, things went from going well to a stand still.  The PCH was crowed wall to wall with cars, and it seemed as if there would be no parking for miles.  This seemed to be quite a surprise for us.  I had never seen the PCH so crowded.  The traffic moved slowly north.  As we got the Huntington Beach Pier in the sights, you could just see a sea of people on the sand and pier.  It was time to come with a plan B.  It had seemed that the US Surfing Open started this day.  We had decided we needed to get away from Huntington and choose a new beach.  

We had called Jessica, who was in Oceanside dealing with an apartment and relationship issues, and was hanging out with Twig.  I was thinking of having us meet at Laguna Beach, but Jessica insisted in Oceanside. I really didn't want to drive all the way down to Oceanside, for the less gas I spent, the better since my money was beginning to run out.  Of course, because I am nice natured, I agreed to drive down to Oceanside.  It took us a good 25 minutes to get out of the traffic mess of Huntington after the call.  Moved about 3 miles in 45 minutes.  Finally, we had gotten to the 5 freeway, and headed south to Oceanside.  As we got close, we called, and made arrangements to meet at the main Oceanside Beach by the pier.  We parked in the parking garage, and walked on over.  The beach was busy, but there was still some room.  Jessica and the others didn't seem to enjoy the crowds.  She had suggested we just go to another beach.  I was so against going to another beach, since this was beach number 2 for Jane and I.  I did mention that we can just drive a little south, and might find better beaches.  Amanda and I was down there the second to last time she had left to go to Afghanistan.  Jessica had seemed to ignore my suggestion, and wanted to go with her own.  She had the ego of her knowing what was best since she had lived in Oceanside.  I was starting to get annoyed with the day.  I just wanted to be in the water, cool down, and relax.  This isn't the case.  

We get in the cars, and Jane and I followed Jessica and Twig.  We drove down towards Carlsbad.  There was a small beach that we came to before getting into the main area of Carlsbad, and it was jam packed.  I figured it was because it was easy access to the road.  It had seemed that that was the beach that Jessica was wanting to go to.  She turned into an residential area, and we stopped to brainstorm what to do.  I was suggesting to head towards Laguna, but Jessica and Twig had seemed to just give up and decided to go home.  They left Jane and I hanging.  At this point, I was getting upset/angry.  Of course, no one knew about this, because I tend to be good at keeping my anger inside me.  I have to say, I rarely get upset and/or angry, and this was just pushing it for me.  Especially since the last time I was with Jessica, she had seemed to not take my advise about Heart Rock, and made that trip less enjoyable.  Jane and I are starving.  We stopped at a mexican restaurant to have a very late lunch.  I was starving for quite a while, and maybe that had to deal with me being upset.  

After lunch, Jane and I had no clue what to do.  I wanted to go to the beach, and was determined.  We drove back up, and went to Laguna Beach.  Went right to the area of the beach I prefer, at the north end of Heisler Park, and the beach I originally wanted to go to.  Found parking no problem.  I was slowly calming down just a bit.  Jane and I got out, and headed towards the beach.  Jane had seemed to lose interest of the beach after this long annoying day.  I was trying to have a little relaxing time and recover what was rest of the day.  Because of Jane's lost of interest, we walked the pathway of Heisler Park from one end to the other, then went back to the car.  I had decided there was no hope, and we had headed home.  

After this trip, I had decided that I probably wouldn't go on any trip like this again with Jessica and Twig.  They are cool to hang out with around the Redlands area when there is nothing to do, but not on trips like this.  Yes they are Jane's friends.  Not mine.  Only acquaintances.  This day, that was supposed to be a good day at the beach, and just to hang out with people, had turned into an annoying day of wasting gas and time for a shitty day to be with two people that don't seem to care about much.  Hanging with Jane was just about the only good part of the day, and that is because I haven't been able to hang with her with all my crazy summer travels.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out