San Diego Overnighter Trip

2012 Summer Series: Blog postings of my summer experiences of 2012.  I had become busy enough to not have time to write about most of my summer until now.  The blogs wont be in full details like other years, and mainly because of my lack of time to write.  Most my time is focused on school.

July 27-28, 2012

My parents, sister, and I had traveled down to San Diego for a over night trip.  On the 28th, we went to the San Diego Zoo.  It seemed to be a normal day at the zoo.  A little more crowded that I would have liked, but it wasn't bad.  Being in the cooler weather of San Diego was the best part of being at the zoo, other than seeing the Panda's, which are my favorite animals at the zoo.  After walking around for quite a while, I felt we needed a break, and it was lunch time.  The parents agreed to eat at the nice sit down restaurant located near the Gorillas.  It was a nice change for once.  After the zoo, we had went to our favorite Mexican Restaurant in Old Town, called Casa Guadalajara.  The stressful part of the day came after dinner, when we were trying to get my dad to the hotel, which was located in the north end of San Diego Bay.  Lets just say my dad kept trying to get us to where we were staying, not listening to me or my mom, and we kept getting turned around.  Took a good 15 mins to get into the hotel once we finally saw it.  Didn't make any of us happy.  

On the 28th, we first headed downtown.  I wanted to take them to The Broken Yolk, which is an amazing breakfast place that also serves some bomb lunch and dinner.  We got seated right away, and everyone seemed to approve. Afterwards, we headed to the San Diego Natural History Museum to see the 100 year anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic exhibit.    The exhibit was not as large as I had thought it would be.  You had rooms that were designed as different parts of the ship, which was cool, and had some artifacts that were recovered from the ship.  Yes, seeing those artifacts were really cool, but they were mostly small items.  Nothing too big, and no pieces of the hull or anything.  I had expected way more, so it didn't seem as impressive as once thought.  After seeing the exhibit, we looked around the rest of the museum.  A part of any museum experience we went to with the parents includes my sister and I sitting around bored waiting for the parents to get through the exhibits.  Especially my dad, who has to read everything.  Afterwards, my sister wanted to go up to Carlsbad, to see a music museum that was right near Lego Land.  We had gone.  For those who don't know, music was way out of my zone.  We got there, and the outside looked like a normal business building.  Walked inside, and the museum was the entire right side of the building.  No one was there.  Made me question how many people visit the museum.  I didn't care at all about this museum.  I was more interested in going across the street to the ledge of a cliff that overlooks the ocean.  We went through the museum.  I didn't gain anything.  I know I should have an open mind, but its hard when I have no interest in the subject matter.  Sure, I love listening to music, but when it comes to it's history and its instruments, I don't care.  

Afterwards, we had left, and started our drive home.  We drove up the 5.  I wasn't happy about going home with the sun still up.  I had convinced the parents to stop at San Clemente for one more spoil.  To have dinner at one of my most favorite pizza places, Sonny's Pizza and Pasta.  It was amazing as always.  Funny thing, none of us got pizza.  I had their shrimp tortellini  and man it was heavenly.  With our last spoil done, we got back into the car, and headed back home.  Back to the scorching hot Inland Empire.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out