San Diego Meetings

For those who even care about what I do in my life......I am in San Diego at the moment.  Right now im sitting in a hotel room with one room mate off having fun while the other one is sleeping on the other bed.  Im on bed closest to the window and I am real bored.  Today was the State Ambassador/SLC Planning committee meeting.  The meeting was ok.  I woke up at 5:00 am and left the house at 6:45 am.  We arrived in San Diego just in time to pick some people up from the airport and went to UC San Diego, the location of the 2006 State Leadership Conference, the conference we are planning.  When we finally got to commettiee meeting, my committee, the recreation committee went around the campus to plan out where the events are going to be held.  On my display photo, i am standing where the DJ for the formal dance will be, outside.  It is going to be awsome.  Tomorrow is the tech team meeting and i will be going to the beach in the morning to shoot a video to pump up advertizement for the conference.  Then from 11:45 i join the meeting and do some work until it is time to go home at 5:00 pm.

With me just sitting here all alone I have been thinking why the hell do i even do all of this.....even when it kills me sometimes.....I guess it is because when you finally get up there on the stage or in front of the room to teach something or share what you have learned to others...you get this great feeling....also you get this feeling that you can really change who the world works.  This is my last year in 4-H and I will still be init as a leader....possibly for the rest of my life. 

My way of life is great....travel all over the nation and have friend from all over the nation and world, yes world, but I feel like I sometimes am doing it for no reason since noone outside of the 4-H program even stops to take a look at what you have really done and accomplished.  I have no clue why they don't care, but they just do.  WHY?  Why is it when something great happens to them everyone pays attention but when it comes to me and this great program, no one really cares for what I have done.  I got to tell you, i have more damn leadership skills then anyone at our school.  I bet you if my grades were alittle bit better and some career people saw what I have done they would hire me over some other person who seems good for the job but yet has no experience.  I do it for the learning opp. and to spread what i have learned to others. 

Wellllllllll.............It's time for me to go

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out