Weekly Changes: Week 1-Sleep Naked

     Not sure what it is, but I woke up this morning feeling great and refreshed.  I have decided that I would have a goal each week to attempted to do something to change things towards a healthier life style.  Will every change work?  Not sure, but im willing to give it a try.  Some times ill attempt a small change that they claim to be good for you, many be some weeks I will attempt to make bigger changes towards the better.  All I know is, I am not as healthy as I could, and I want to attempt at being healthier.  Now your questions may be what change is he trying to do this week.  This week I have a few goals, but one is a new change.

     This week, I will attempt to get in the habit of sleeping naked.  I was bored last night, and decided to randomly google to see what the health benefits of sleeping naked would be.  I found one website that had some good information.  According to sleepedia.com, sleeping naked is not only good for your body, but is also very good for your health.  The first benefit the website claims is that sleeping naked has an excellent effect on pain.  With  no clothes on, your body can relax and eliminate tensions in the abdominal nerve system.  It also claims that having no clothes on when you sleep will help improve blood circulation.  Do you suffer from insomnia?  This website claims sleeping naked will help comfort you and help  you get to sleep better.  The website also claims it helps to improve your glands in  your skin.  "Bare skin absorbs more nutrients than when its covered.  This improves and promotes the rate of metabolism in your body."  For those who have read my blog, I am trying to lose weight, and just hearing about improvements in my metabolism is a plus for me.  Another plus would be in the genital area.  Mostly helps female genitals more, which I won't get into, but for men, sleeping with no clothes on helps improve fertility.  Not sure if this is really helpful for me know, especially since I am nowhere near having children, but hey, its still a benefit.  The main thing I read from the website is it improves blood flow.  It seems that clothing can effect the blood flow and sometimes causes for us to take longer to fall asleep.

     Since I did the research, I did take it upon me, and I did go to sleep naked.  Now I have slept naked before, but never really paid attention to how it effected me.  I did fall asleep rather quickly, and I didn't tumble around as much.  Could it be possible that waking up from sleeping naked this morning caused me to feel very relaxed, calm, and amazing?  Or was it that I got plenty of sleep?  I will try to go to sleep naked every day this week.  Sadly I can only do so till Friday, for I will be traveling to a 4-H conference.  I will pay attention to how sleeping naked effects me after a week, and see if its something I would like to continue.  There are only a few problems I see with sleeping naked.  First and main issue. I live with my parents and sister.  I just have to attempt to stay covered under the blankets.  I don't want to warn them that I am sleeping naked because telling them these things would seem embarrassing.  Second biggest problem.  The cold.  It is November.  Right now its 39 degrees outside, and its cold in the house.  Sometimes the cold is awesome.  Example right now Im writing this naked, because the cold feels good.  But I know that wont be the case in the days to come.  We shall see how this works.  I shall write about my experiences sleeping naked in next weeks blog as I try to do some new change.  The information were I read the information about sleeping naked can be found at http://sleepedia.com/sleeping-naked/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out