In the Hunt for a Job

Ever since I had been let go from my first job at the end of September, I have been in a need for another job. My money levels are very low. I can't give you how much money I have because I haven't checked my bank a count in awhile. My credit card has been getting close to its limits, and I keep having to spend money for things like gas to drive to and back from school. One good thing is that my parents are helping me out with paying my credit card and food. It has been hard to ask the parents for help, since I had been able to afford stuff since I had gotten my job in fall of 06. I have been slowly looking around online for jobs, but to find a job I would like seems to be way harder than I have thought.

There are two major things I worry about with a new job. The first major issue is having a job with flexable hours. With school, my class schedule changes every three months. I will need a job that would respect the fact I am in college full time, and will have to change my work schedule based on when my classes are each quarter. I would also need to find a job that would be fine with me calling off every once in awhile during weekends for my responsibilities in the 4-H program. I have commitments all the way till August of next year, and have many people who count on me. The second major worry I have, and it seems to be the reality with the tough economic times, is getting a job that's is downgrading from my last job. I had a great first job, which gave me great work experience. I would hate to go from working for an university to a place like McDonalds or something along those lines.

I feel some sacrafices will have to be made, but I really don't want to make them. For looking for jobs, I first have been trying SnagAJob website, but most of the jobs listed are lower end. So far, I have considered applying for Petco in Redlands, but for some reason I'm afraid to apply. I have also been looking on craigslist, but have had no luck there yet. Used LinkedIn and a little bit of Monster.com but things didn't seem well. I hadn't spent much time searching because I have been busy with 4H stuff and school.

Winter break starts in a week, and with some more time during the holiday season, I will attempt to look for a job that meets my needs. If I am unsuccessful, I know that means I will have to lower my expectations and possibly make some sacrafices, but I want to stay away from that if I can

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out