Halloween & Tricia's Birthday

     Halloween this year was quit amazing compared to what I had originally had planned.  Halloween fell on a Monday this year.  For school, I have a Expository Writing Class that goes from 6-10 pm.  From looking at the syllabus, it showed we would have class that night.  With class happening, I would have missed Halloween.  I was in class the week before Halloween, and the teacher had decided to cancel class the next week.  At the time, I was super excited, because that would be I would be able to go to Scotty's house for their Haunted House that they do every year.  

     Halloween had come, which was the day after I had returned from my trip up north, and I was super tired.  I woke up, went to my 9:20 class, came home, and had no interest in going anything that night.  Jane had text messaged me, asking me about what I was going to wear, and I personally didn't have anything to wear.  Because I don't have a job, money is very slim.  All I had was that black cape I tend to have worn the past 5 years, with wearing nothing but all black.  Except last year.  I went as a paparazzi.  Jane felt I really needed to dress up, and started coming up with ideas.  Her main idea was for me to just wear a 4-H shirt and the cape, and I would be 4-H Man!  I felt that was a very retarded idea.  This morning, Ashley's car had a flat tire, so she had to come with me to school.  I had to drive back to pick her up at 6 pm from school.  My class gets out at 10:30 and there was no way I was going to wait for hours at school.  While I was driving back to CSUSB, I thought of Jane's suggestions, and came up with the idea that I could go to Walmart (Which I hate Walmart, but will go there if I absolutely have to) and buy a white shirt.  At home, grab some markers and write Jello Man on the shirt.  With the shirt and the cape, I would be Jello Man!  Yes, it is very very lame, but I felt it better than 4-H Man.  Let me give a small back story to Jello Man, because you are probably sitting there like WTF is Jello Man?

     It was 10th grade of High School, around the time period I was trying to explore different groups of people to hang out with.  Lets just say in 9th grade I tried to stay with people I knew from middle school, and ended up spending a lot of time in the library reading (which I hate reading now).  It was P.E. class, and we were in the gym just playing basket ball.  I had been hanging out with a group of people from my class, who were really cool.  They were talking about giving each other nicknames.  I had walked up, think I was getting some water or something, and I had this craving for Jello.  As I walked up to the people I was hanging out with (I believe Jane was in that group.  Can't remember) I said something along the lines of', "Hey guys, I so want to have some Jello right now", can't remember the exact wording but it was close to that, and they all looked at me and said, "Thats It!  Jello Man!".  I looked confused, since I didn't know what they were talking about, and once I had learned, I gained the nickname Jello Man.  For the rest of High School, that would be my nickname.  Most of those people in that group I ended up not hanging out with, but that nickname moved with me to the group I did hang out with, which some of my awesome friends and two Best Friends Jane and Scotty were in.  

     Ok, back to Halloween.  I picked up Ashley, and as we were going home, we stopped off at Walmart.  I went to the men's underwear section and just grabbed a simple pack of three white t-shirts.  I was hoping to just get one, but they don't sell just one.  I got home, my sister let me borrow some of her sharpie markers, and I started coloring.  I had to move fast, because it was close to 7 pm, and Jane was going to come over at that time, and it was already 6:45.  For those who don't know me, my handwriting sucks, and I can't draw.  I attempted to write Jello Man on the first shirt with a black sharpie.   I ran out of room for Jello.  I threw that shirt a side and tried again.  Was happy I had the extra shirts.  Of course, I tried the same thing on the second shirt, threw it a side.  I figured my method wasn't working.  For the third and last shirt, I started with the colored sharpies.  I started to notice I was going to run out of room, so I put the two L's together, which looked like it was a fallen over F, but it worked.  I had enough room for Jello.  I had finished my shirt, put it on, grabbed some black dress pants, and I was done.  Jane took longer to get ready than she said, which didn't surprise me since she is a chick, but she finally came over, and we had left to go down to Scotty's.  Scotty's brother, Bryan, really loves Halloween, and for the past ten years have done a haunted house in their front yard.  The past few years, I have been there to help out or just hang out.  

     When we got to Scotty's street, All I can see are cars.  Many people park along his street and go trick or treating.  We had to park on a side street.  As we drove passed Scotty's House, a very large line of people were waiting to get into the haunted house.  I don't remember seeing this many people waiting at one time in the past to get into the haunted house.  Jane and I said our hellos to people.  Scotty wasn't there, for he was working.   One of his jobs is Pizza Hut, and Halloween is their most busy days of the year.  Since we are friends of the family, Jane and I was able to cut in front of everyone waiting in line to check out the haunted house.  They did a very good job this year.  As we got to the end, we saw Randi handing out candy (Bryan's Wife) and another friend of hers Brittney just chilling.  Jane and I had decided to sit behind them, watch the people getting scared, and just chill.  After about 15 minutes, an old friend I have known since the 4th grade, Jordan Leyva, showed up with another person we know, Ryan Loney.  They joined us and we chilled.  It was nice to catch up with Jordan, for I haven't seen him since we took classes together at Crafton.  After about an hour, Scotty had returned from work, and that made me happy, for our busy schedules makes it to were we rarely hang out.  After awhile, Jordan and Ryan wanted food, and I didn't eat yet, so we left the girls in the haunted house and chilled outside with Scotty and with Bryan Budd who lives up the street.  Tricia also arrived around that time.  By 9:30, the crowds of people had died down, and it was time to shut down the haunted house.  

     All of us weren't ready to call it a night, who would at our age?  Tricia's bday was the next day, Nov. 1, and she was turning 21.  We all had decided we would hang out, then go to the bar after midnight since Tricia would be 21, and would have her first legal drink.  We had left to go to downtown Redlands.  Tricia, Scotty, Jane, Ryan, Jordan, and I all came.  We parked in front of the downtown CVS (safer because other places have had cars broken into) and we all decided to go to the Vault just down the road.  As we got there, there was no line in the front, which was good news.  We were crossing our fingers as Tricia showed the front guy her ID, because some places wont let people in who turn 21 at midnight for some reason.  Luckily, the Vault is awesome and let her in no questions asked.  The vault was packed, which was expected for a holiday.  There were a good amount of people dressed up for the holiday.  We went to the back bar, like we always do, and it took us a good 25 minutes to get to the bar to order drinks.  Tricia ordered a beer, I ordered a Cranberry Vodka, Scotty and Ryan got a Lifesaver, Jordan got a beer, and I don't know what Jane ordered.  Jordan had offered to pay for our drinks, well Ryan's Scotty's and my drinks, which was super nice of him.  Totally own him a drink.  We got our drinks, and chilled in our normal spot, in the hallway by the back entrance.  At the vault, totally got high fives and some cheers for being Jello Man.  They didn't know what it meant, but they thought it was awesome.  That made me happy, and I felt as if my costume wasn't as lame after all.     Tricia was surprised at how expensive drinks were.  For one beer, which she got Orange Wheat from Hanger 24 (a local beer) cost her $5.  She could get 6 of them for near the price of that at the store.  We had decided that we would only get one drink at the vault, go to Walmart, buy some cheep wine (Tricia likes wine) and go drink it somewhere.  As we got to the parking lot of CVS, we asked ourselves why not we just buy the booze from CVS since we were here.  Tricia bought minicher  bottles of Sutter Home White Zinfadel Wine.  As we were leaving, we noticed a group of people having a blast next to my car.  Most of them except the driver seemed to be drunk.  It seemed that one of the girls was having their 21st bday  just like Tricia.  Tricia got excited and we talked for them for awhile.  After a while, they headed off to Denny's and we left.  Scotty, Jane, and Tricia left.  As I was getting into my car, I noticed Ryan and Jordan over by Jordan's bike, and seemed like something was wrong.  I walked over, and it seems that Jordan had lost his key to his bike.  We looked around, and couldn't find it.  We had decided to walk back to the vault to look around.  I had text messaged Jane to let them know what was happening, and they had returned to help look for the key.  We couldn't find the key.  We looked along our route we walked to get to the bar, no luck.  Also looked inside CVS,  Jordan had to call Brandon Poff, another person I haven't seen since High School, to bring him a spare key to his bike.  After awhile, Brandon came and gave the key to Jordan.  

     We decided to head back to Scotty's house, and we chilled inside his garage, so we wouldn't wake up his parents.  We drank our wine, ate some halloween candy, and just enjoyed each other's company.  After a few hours, Scotty was slowly falling asleep, and it got real late.  We had decided to end the night at 4:00 am.  I headed home and I was asleep by 4:30.  I had class at noon and was worried as I went to sleep that I would be super tired for class.

     That doesn't end the Tricia bday adventure.  As I was in class, from noon to 2, I was texting Jane, and that night was supposed to be Tricia's bday dinner.  She was asking if I was going, and I wasn't sure, for I was super tired.  Later, the plans had changed to were we would go bowling just like last year.  After class, I got home, layed on my bed for a few moments to pet Radar, and I ended up passing out.  I had woken up at 8pm, still tired, and I talked to Jane again.  She wasn't going to Tricia's bowling thing, but it was planned for 9:30.  Tricia would be there at 9:10 to grab a lane, and it was just a dollar for rental shoes and a dollar a game night.  That was great since I had no money.  I didn't want Tricia to be there alone so I offered to keep her company.  It seems that Scotty and her were going, and I was like hellz yeah, ill be there at 9:10.  I got in the car, went to Wendy's for dinner, because I was starving, then met them over at Empire Bowl in Redlands.  Scotty, Tricia, and I started to bowl, we had paid for three games.  Of course, we had to stop to go to the bar to get some drinks.  Tricia got White Zinfadel Wine, Scotty got a amaretto sour first, later on a southern comfort sour, and I first got a piece of ass, then later a midouri sour.  After our first game, Tricia's other friends arrived and they started bowling.  It was great to just hang out, enjoy our drinks and awesome music being played, and each other's company.  We were at the bowling ally till it closed at midnight.  Then we all went home, for we had busy schedules for tomorrow.

     These two days, Halloween and Tricia's bday was a great stress reliever.  The past month or so I have been very busy and focused with school or traveling to were I haven't been able to hang out with anyone, and I got to hang out with just about everyone.  It was something I really needed.  Funny, I have a mid term wed. that I should be studying for and Im sitting here writing this blog post.  Alright, well thats it.  Time for lunch then try to study.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out