Memorial Day Weekend: Amanda's Visit

My cousing, Amanda, who graduated from Army Boot Camp in Missouri last month and is now at Ft. Huchuca, Arizona, came out to visit the family for Memorial Day Weekend.  She arrived in Ontario in the early afternoon, while I was still in the Imperial Valley for Matthew's Graduation.  I decided that I would leave Imperial Valley at 4:30PM to get to Yucaipa around 7:00 PM.  When I got to Mecca (Town on the north west shores of the Salton Sea), I got a call asking if I could pick things yup to have smores.  I got into Yucaipa at 7:00, stopped off at Vons, then headed to the farm.
    
     We all chilled and had a great BBQ dinner in the patio.  After dinner, and clean up the table a bit, we chilled in the nice June evening, and prepared the fire pit to light a fire.  It took us forever to get the fire going, but I was successful .  We let the fire burn for a little bit, then broke out the stuff for smores.  Amanda really wanted smores since she will be unable to have any at Yosemite this year.  We chilled until the fire died down, passing time with each other's company and taking awesome photos.  After the fire was out, Amanda and I decided to go to the Supper Walmart in Boumont, so she can get some items that she can't get on base. After killing about an hour, we headed back to the farm and went to sleep. 
    
     Saturday morning came and I was the last person to get up.  My aunt and cousin Krystal left at 4 that morning to sell tomatoes and eggs at the Torance farmers market.  Amanda left right as I was waking up because she had appointments to get her hair and eye brows done.  I chilled around the farm for awhile, then decided at lunch time to go back home to pick my sister up.  We got back to the farm just before Amanda got back.  When she got back, we went shopping for more things.  We went to Sports Chellet, Target, Leroys, and after target, we decided to screw going to Costco, and go straight to put in for a table at BJ's Resturant and Brewery.  She really wanted to go there, so my family and her family all went together to have dinner with Amanda.  I finally get to have BJ's for the first time (Which is awesome because my friends have talked about that place for years).  We got right in for a table, which was a shocker, and everyone else slowly arrived.  While my sister, Amanda, and I where waiting, Amanda ordered a Beer and I ordered a Strawberry Daquri.  Man, it was one very hard choice to figure out what the hell I wanted to eat, because everything sounded so damn good from the menu.  I finally decided to try their famous deep dish pizza's, and my god that was the best deep dish pizza I have ever had.  Now, i didn't eat all of the pizza because i needed to save room for the best part, desert.  For years, i have leared about their awesome Pizzokie, but never have had one, so this was the time to order one.  My sister and I split a BJ Browie, which was a small circular disk of a brownie with hot fudge and Vanilia bean ice cream on top with whipped cream and a cherry.  MY GOD!!!!! THAT THING WAS THE BEST TASTING THING IN THE WORLD!!!!! If anyone wants to go to a place with great food and a awesome desert, BJ's is the place to go to.  After dinner, we went back to the farm and chilled.
 
     Sunday was a very big day, for we all went to the San Diego Zoo.  I was excited, because this weekend was the opening of the new elephant exhibit they have been building for a very long time.  We got there at 9:40am and I noticed right off the bat it was going to be a busy day at the zoo.  Go figure with it being memorial day weekend.  The first place we went to was the new exhibit, visiting the other exhibits along the way, and I have to say the new elephant exhibit is way better then the old location they had for the elephants.  The cool thing is that while you walked around everywhere else, they had other exhibits around the elephant part, so you had lots of see.  Their where two exhibits not complete within the elephant exhibit, which was the lion and jaguar exhibit.  After that  we went all over the zoo.  After the polar bear plunge, we started to get hungry, so we started to move at a faster pase, well....Krystal, John, Ashley, and I did.  My aunt, uncle, and Amanda where slow.  We ended up splitting up, and while we where tying to find food, they where taking there time.  After some discussion over the phone, we finally decided to eat at the place next to the Giant Panada Exhibit.  After lunch, we decided not to see the Panda's due to about a 2 hour wait in line.  I have seen the panda's many times, so i wasn't too upset, but still wished i saw them.  We left the zoo around 3:00 or so, while my aunt, uncle, krystal, and John when to Winco on the way home, Amanda, Ashley, and I went to Best Buy in Morino Valley.  We finally got home, and we had some dinner, and once more another bon fire and SMORES!!!!!!!!!

     My original plans for Monday was to wake up when Amanda leaves for the airport to say goodbye, then go off to sleep again, and wake up and slowly go home.  That wasn't the case.  My aunt had me take her to Ontario Airport because she had to get out and tie some tomato plants before it gets hot.  Ashley and I packed up, and we took Amanda to the airport before heading home.  It was a great weekend, and Amanda will be back for the 4th of July :D.  Now we have prepare for the 3rd Annual Yosemite camping Trip which is THIS SUNDAY!!!!! OMG I can't WAIT!!!! We will miss that Amanda won't be with us this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out