Ford Park Friend BBQ

Jane, Nate, Scotty, Rebekah, and I had a bbq at Ford Park in Redlands, California on Wednesday of last week.  I was bored at work one day, and realized that we havn't all chilled in awhile, so i came up with the idea to have a bbq.  Everyone else loved the idea, and I was lucky enough to find a date where most of everyone invited was able to make it.  Sadly, Vanessa wasn't able to make it due to a presentation she had to give that night in class.

I was the first to arrive, I claimed a table and a BBQ, which i chose to have it at the top of the hill, for we had a view of the play ground area to the east, and to the west have the view of the two lakes located in the park.  Jane and Nate brought Chips and Dip, one of the dips was a bacon dip that nate and jane made the night before, and that was some really good dip.  They also brought things that people could place on their burgers like pickles and tomatoes.  Scotty arrived shortly after, and he brought drinks.  Rebekah arrived after Scotty.  She would have arrived before hand, but lost her way to the park, so I had to give her more directions on how to fine the location.  She brought a very delious homemade apple pie, one of the best apple pies I have ever had.  While i was cooking the hamburgers, everyone was chilling, scotty was playing around with my Nikon D90, and we all where just enjoying the wonderful spring afternoon and each others company. 

After everyone was full, we chilled some more before having some pie.  After the pie, we cleaned up alittle bit, then started to explore the park.  Rebekah, Scotty, and I where playing around with our new cameras, yeah, we all got new cameras within the past month, and Jane and Nate where goofing off and having fun along side it.  I think the poor ducks and geese where glad when it came time for us to leave, for what is better then messing around with birds, lol. 

http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc0343z.jpg

As the sun set, and it began getting dark, tons of bugs began to show up, so we decided to pack it up and head home, kinda.  Rebekah had to go home, for she had a hour drive to get back down to the Hemet area.  I originally was going to go home to work on a paper, but we all ended up going to a gas station to go to the restroom, then met at my house.  Nate wanted some coffee, so we all ended up going to Starbucks and chilling for alittle bit, and watch the videos that scotty took at the park.  Afterwards, we chilled in Janes van at my house till around 11:00 when Scotty needed to go to do some things before going to bed, and I needed to at least start the paper.

I do have to say, if you are looking for a location to have an fun event, Ford Park is a perfect location to hold that event.  Just make sure you are out of there when the sun sets, for the park closes at dusk, and you will have Redlands Police come by.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out