The Hell of Enrollement

     I am deeply upset.  A week ago, I went through my education plan to see how many classes left I need to take in order to finally graduate.  Things seem real good!  For my major in Public Administration, I only need 4 more classes, and my minor in Environmental Studies only needs 2-3 classes.  I was excited.  Things had changed when enrollment for Spring 2014 quarter opened.  The availability of classes are terrible.  The majority of the classes I need are not being offered.  At first, the plan was good.  I was taking one class for Public Administration and two classes for Environmental Studies.  A few days later, when I go back to double check my classes, it seems that one of the Environmental Studies classes was canceled.  That pissed me off.  This morning, it was time for me to enroll.  I get logged into the online enrollment system, and noticed the second Environmental Studies class I needed was closed (filled).  This upset me extremely.  I basically have a few options.  I either begin to only take one class or two at a time and attempt to get a job, or I enroll in classes that do not help me towards graduation just to be full time.  I need to be full time to keep my financial aid grants, which is paying for everything.   There are two classes for Public Administration that I can take.  The issue, they are both at the exact same time, which also pisses me off.  In the end, I decided to enroll full time.  I am taking one class for Public Administration, and one class for Environmental Studies.  The class in the Environmental Studies is a intro class to GIS. The issue?  Technically I took an introduction class to GIS back in my community college days.  Will it count for my minor?  Will retaking it be a waste?  I have no clue.  I need to declare my minor first to officially know, which I am doing next week.  Even if it doesn't count, im going to take it because I just need the full time.  The third class is just a lecture class on Natural Disasters.  No real purpose to take this class.  I do not need the extra units and it does not fulfill any educational requirements.  Many students are dealing with the same type of issue that I am going through.  This is keeping all of us in school longer when we could just get out there and move forward with our lives.  I WANT TO BE DONE!  I want to get out of school.  I want to start making money.  I want to fucking move out of this house!  This shit is getting ridiculous!  I know the majority of the reasons why I have been in school this long is my fault, but now this type of shit is not my fault at all.  Fuck this shit!   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out