New York and Ontario, Canada

     My oldest cousin on my dad's side of the family, Chase Ellis, had gotten married in Buffalo, New York, on June 22.  My parents, my sister, and I traveled to the east side of the country for the wedding.  We had choosen to make a 12 day vacation in Ontario, Canada, and New York State.  Our trip was from June 18 to 29.  It was a good trip.  It had its good moments, and its share of drama.  I have to say, during the trip I did miss my friends, because the trip would have been so different, and more amazing compared to being with my parents.

     Alright, so originally, I was planning on writing an entire blog about this trip, in details.  As you realize when this blog was posted, much time has passed.  It would take forever to write that type of blog, and I don't quite have the time right now.  So, just to have a record of the trip, below is the list of places we saw in order on the trip.  If anyone reads this, feel free to ask me about the trip, and I would be happy to share.  Most of the photographs are on my facebook page.

Trip Stop Outline


  • June 18
    • Flew from Ontario to Phoenix to Buffalo
    • Drove to Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. 
    • Stayed in The Oaks Hotel View of the Falls.  First time seeing Niagara Falls was from hotel window
    • Had dinner.  Introduced parents to pountine
    • Explored and took photographs of the falls at night (with attempts to not get cameras wet from mist)
    • Sleep.
  • June 19
    • Checked out of hotel
    • Went back to falls.
    • Did the Journey Behind the Falls
    • Drove to Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
    • La Grande Hermine Shipreck, Beacon Harbourside Marina, Lake Ontario
    • CN Tower
    • Toronto Waterfront
  • June 20
    • Casa Loma
    • Royal Ontario Museum
    • Toronto Zoo
    • Drove back to Buffalo, New York
  • June 21
    • Lockport, New York.  Erie Canal
    • downtown Buffalo
  • June 22
    •  Graycliff estate designed by Frank Lloyd Wright
    • Forest Lawn Cemetery
    • Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural National Historic Site
    • My cousin Chase's wedding
  • June 23
    • Watkins Glen State Park
    • Corning Glass Museum (tried out glass blowing)
  • June 24
    • Catskill, New York
    • Hyde Park
  • June 25
    • Home of F.D.R.
    • Vanderbilt Mansion
    • Longest elevated pedestrian bridge, Walkway over the Hudson
  • June 26
    • Washington's Headquarters
    • Westpoint Academy
    • Stoney Point Battle Grounds
    • New York City
    • Little Italy
    • Times Square
  • June 27
    • 9/11 memorial
    • Trinity Church
    • Wall Street
    • Frances Tavern
    • Battery Park
    • The High Line Linear park
    • Grand Central Terminal
  • June 28
    • Central Park
    • The Morgan Library and Museum
    • Coney Island (Nathan's Famous hot dogs, Atlantic Ocean, Ice Cream, Rain)
  • June 29
    • Washington Square
    • Signs of pride everywhere
    • China Town
    • Fly home.
    • Mom's car would not go in gear when back at Ontario.
    • Ashley's bf drove my car to pick us up.  I drove home. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out