Out of Date

For the past 12 years, I have been taking photographs, having them displayed all over southern california, and have won awards for my work.  I learned how to take photographs with a 35mm camera.  All of my best winner photographs have been taken on film.  As time goes on, i feel that people have forgotten the legacy of how good film is.  With digital cameras making life so much easier, people seem to forget film.  It makes it hard for people like me who love to take Black & White photographs.  I feel that digital is not yet at a place where it can take really good black and white.  With a 35 mm film or with any film camera for that matter, you can get some really good quality stuff.  There is no one around anymore that developes black and white film.  Im not talking about that one film from kodak that you can process like color prints.  Im talking the true black and white films.  I cant even find those films in the local stores anymore.  I pulled out the old 35 mm over the weekend and took some shots.  It felt good working with that camera again.  For the past few years, I have really slowed down on my photography.  That is all I used to talk about and do.  This June im going to Yosemite National Park and I want to take black and white as well as color, but I need to find the film and processing.  Sure I can develop my own black and white film.  I have all the equipment for that, but I dont have an elarger to make prints.  I can probably find the film online, maybe the processing, but man that is going to be expensive.  I am very upset that this form of photography is going out of date.  Film will always have more quality then any digital camera, and with film, you can have the biggest photo you can have.  You just need the equipment.  Someday, when i have money, ill build my own dark room, so I can continue the legacy of film photography

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out