Scotty’s Farewell

For those of you who don't know, a really good friend of mine named Scott, who I have chilled with since 10th grade of high school, left at 12:00 from his house; leaving for the marines boot camp in San Diego by the airport.  Many of his friends and family all came to his house to see him off today. 

It was only 2 and 1/2 weeks ago that Scotty told my friend Jane and I while we where heading to class at Crafton that he has decided to join the marines.  At that time, I really didn't know how to feel.  This past week has been really hard, we tried to be with him as much as possible.  In the past few days I have realized that I am really proud that he has found a path that works for him.  Ever since the ending of high school, he has been looking for a path that suits him well, and all paths he has taken didn't work for him, till now. 

Today was a very emotional day, I help it all in until he left so i can show support and to be strong.  Later on, i couldn't handle it, I just sit there thinking about all the fun times we had and i start to cry.  This next week most likely be the same way as it was today.  I just have to remember that he is strong and he will succeed.  Now, i need to keep focusing on my own future, and get on my right path to success.  I can't wait for Scotty's Graduation on March 7th.  I will be there, to show my full support and to show how proud I am as a friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out