Yosemite National Park

I had the oprrotunity in staying at one of the most beautiful locations in the world this past week.  This place; full of wildlife, roarring waterfalls, and high towering cliffs;  is my number 1 favorite spot to travel to.  This place I speak of is Yosemite Nationl Park in the Sierra Nevada Mountains out side of Merced.

My mom's side of the family: aunt, uncle, cuzs, John, and I all went camping together for a week in this wonderful place.  Amanda and I came down from Oregon, and the others came from Southern California.  Amanda and I shared a tent, John and Krystal had their own tent, and my aunt and uncle had the trailer with the 3 dogs.  We went to many awesome places, like Yosemite Falls, and Mirror Lake, and one of my favorites, glacer point; where you can see the view of the entire valley.  We rod our bikes alll over the place, and took the dogs with us.  We saw tons of dear, and 2 black bears off the road on the way to glaicer point.  It was very hard to leave when the day came to head up to oregon, which was yesterday.  For those who don't know me well, I am trying to become an evironmental scientist, to protect what is left of this environment.  And seeing how things change in just this little protected area shocks me.  Global Warming is taking effect on the rivers, lakes and streams.  Normally, there is snow this time of year in Yosemite.  But times have changed as temperatures are in the high 80s in the beginning of June.  I didn't have much time to take photographs like i wanted to but i really enjoyed my visit.  I am trying to talk my parents into coming next year so i can focus on getting some very cool photographs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out