One big step

Greetings from Portland, Oregon!  When i was little, i had a bike, and of course, had training wheels...i was about 4-5 years old....my grandma started getting sick, and my parents had to focus more on her on that time...i lost interest and never learned how to ride a bike, due to my parents lost of interest. 

Since i am going camping with my cuz's to Yosemite National Park in 2 days, and they get around the pack by bike, they told me i had to learn how to ride a bike.

Three days ago at the farm, John (my one cuz fiance)  Started to teach me how to ride, only ballance, i was unable to even get my feet on the peddles.  Yesterday, before i flew up to Portland, i took out my mom's old bike, filled up the tires, went in the back yard, and started using the peddles.  Today, my cuz, amanda, and her husband, bryan; got 3 bikes out and put me on one.  This is where i would go on the street with a bike for the first time.  We went 1.5 miles to a park, and back...so 3 miles we went.  Yes, along the way i had to stop because i freaked out, and fell a few times.  I only fell once going back.  So now that i am getting a better hang of it, i will be able to bike around yosemite...i hope without killing me, or anyone else....lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out