2006 TIC


For the past year I have been president of the Southern 4-H Sectional Teen Council.  One big job of being president of the council is to plan and run a Teen Involvement Conference, A.K.A. TIC.  I have been work my ass off for the year getting applications ready, getting a guest speaker, and making sure that the workshops are all planned out.  The Conference is three days long and it is every third weekend of January. And it is held at a camp near IdyllwildCalifornia, In the San Bernardino County Forest.

Friday came around; I first went to school and left early at 11:30.   When I got home I got everything together, which I was up until 1:30 the past night getting everything that I needed together.   When I got up there my committee was there and ready to help.  From 5:00 to 8:30 I had people show from Imperial County all the way to San Luis Obispo County The conference began with an orientation and then went into ice breakers; during ice beakers I was in head quarters printing out name tags for those who where walk ins to the conference.  Then next morning we took a conference delegation photo first then had a guest speaker from Orange County speak. As she was speaking I was off getting the workshops put together and organized.  Then the workshops started, it seemed to be great. After the workshops I tried something new, a community service project and in deed it worked out well.  After that there was a break where the committee set up for the dance, the movie room, and the game room.  For the movie I started it early, I played Star Wars III with a digital projector hooked up to my notebook computer named Lappie.  There was surround sound also, it was great.  The next day was clean up, TIC Olympics, and then the elections for the teen council.  Many people wanted me to stay in office for another year but this is my last year of 4-H, I�m too old.  If I was young enough, I would have runned again.

This was my fifth year up to TIC, and I had many people saying that this was the best conference that they have been to in a long time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out