4-H State Leadership Conference


On Wed. August 3rd I flew to Sacramento for the California 4-H State Leadership Conference.  I flew a day before the conference so I can be with one of my best friends from the state of Indiana, named Emily.  I flew in 30 mins before her and met with her around 35 mins later after I landed in Sacramento.  Then we travel to UC Davis only 15 miles away.  For that night we were staying at a friends house who attends UC Davis.  So we went to the house to drop off our bags and go suprise our friend, named jess, at work to see if we can go out to lunch.  We went to the silo, which is a eatting place for the college students.  Afterwards Jess had to go back to work so Emily and I went back to Jess's House and test out her wireless internet on our computers.  About one hour later another friend that goes to Davis, Cindy, came around and took us to the campus so we can help out with the conference set up.  Emily went to help place things in the delegate's rooms while I helped out cook dinner for the planning committee.  After dinner Emily, Jess, and I headed back to Jess's house with a member of the computer corps named Alison.  She stayed with us for a while.  After Alison left we all went to sleep.  The next day I woke up about 7:30 and everyone else woke up around the same time.  We took the bus to the dorms where we helped to get ready.  For most of the day I was using my GPS Unit to get points for my GPS/GIS Track the next day.  Around lunch time people began to show up for the conference.  At the beginning assembly I took photos for the photo slid show at the end of the conference.  The next day was a big day.  It was the day of my track.  Everyone seemed to like my track but the afternoon track seemed to be a little boring for some youth who really didn't care much about GIS (Geographic Information Systems).  I should have had more things to show them.  Now I know for next year.  That night starting around 8:00 I was creating a video for the National 4-H Conference I attended during the spring.  I was up with another computer corps member, which she was working on the computer corps video that was going to be showed the next day.  Well, we both finished around 3:30 in the morning which was very very sad when her video was 3 mins. long and mine was 6 mins. long.  The next day was workshops.  I helped out with the digital photography workshop.  It was great.  I even learned some things that I didn't know.  Later on I just chilled out and when the dance was going on I was at the conference headquaters working on getting my video to work.  At the assembly for some reason it didn't work.  I was up  until 2:00 working on that video.  O well.  The next day was the last day.  It was the day where we all packed up the conference things as well as our things.  I was introduced as a California State Ambassador during the closing assembly and I was so afraid that I would mess up during out little skit introduceing next years conference.  After the conference there was a eveluation meeting that took place and after the meeting all the computer corps, and state ambassadors went out to eat at Woodstock Pizza, which was great.  The next blog will have what I did with Jess and Emily after SLC.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out