An Act of Kindness

I woke up this morning not looking foreward to going to school. The thought had crossed my mind of ditching the class. Because of there being a dark past of me ditching, which I have been slowly recovering from, I choose to go to school. I got out of bed, went downstairs to obtain breakfast. We had nothing. No good milk, no good bread, eta. I decided to leave early to school, and stop off at the Starbucks before heading to class.

The drive thru line wasn't as long as it normally is. Got to order right away. While waiting, I felt that I was going to dread the day. I pulled up to the pick up window, and pulled out my Starbucks gift cards. The guy handed me my coffee and said there was no need to pay, for the lady in front if me paid for my order. I was shocked. That changed my mood in an instant. I had this sense of wanting to know who this person was to give them a big thank you. I took the order and headed off. While driving onto the freeway, I began to to think how stupid I was for not doing the same to the person behind me. I have decided that next time I am at Starbucks, I will be the generous person who pays for someone's order. Hopefully, it will make them feel as good as I am now, as I sit here waiting to walk into the lecture hall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out