Car Hit by Old Lady

This morning, while my mom and I were leaving our Walmart, an old lady hit the bumper of my car. It was just a small hit, and it could of been a lot worse if we were not there to see her hit the car.

We went shopping for a few items, and I had to drive because my mom's car battery dead. After we checked out, and was walking to my car, a person in a new Catilac started to turn to park next to my car. Instead of making a wide turn I to the parking spot, the person took a narrow turn to park. As the car was turning, we noticed it was an old lady, and we knew she wasn't going to make it. She realized that she wasn't going to make it. She pulled out of the spot in attempts to fix the error. She had failed. She started to pull back into the parking spot, but at a steaper angle. My mom said she was going to hit my car. I had faith that she would notice the issue and fix it. A few moments later, we heard a small noise and my car shaking. She hit my back bumper on the driver side corner.

After the hit she stopped her car, and was trying to think of what to do. My mom stood still, while I walked around the old lady's car to check out how bad. The old lady looked over at me while I was looking at the collision. At this point, she should of backed up. On her car, it hit the passenger side back door. A few moments passed of just staring, then she attempted to move her car forward. This continued of scrap her and my car. Right away in my head I thought she was crazy. As her car moved a few inches, I realized that her car bends outward for the tire. If that part of her car was to hit my car, I was afraid it could possibly cause real damage and even take off my bumper. At that moment, I yelled at her to stop, and that she hit the car. Not sure why I didn't say it was my car, but that should have been obvious. She stopped, and had decided to back out like she should of. As she backed out, I saw a long and thick blue streak from the paint of my car.

Instead of parking properly, she stopped in the road blocking traffic. The old lady got out of the car to see the damage. At the same time, my mom came over and started that she hit my car. I put the items we bought in the trunk and looked at the damage. It seemed that the corner of my bumper had some paint scraped off, but nothing to serious. Her car most likely had more damage. As the old lady was looking at her car she said she didn't need this because she just got her car fixed from another accident. We didn't request insurance because it wouldn't be worth it. My mom suggested she parked somewhere else, and she left. We got in the car and headed home.

Even though it is a very small hit, I call it an accident. This would be my second accident since I have learned to drive. The last accident was with my Oldsmobile Achiva, when an old lady hit me causing the cell phone sized dent that totaled my car. Because I have an old car, an 1998 Pontiac Sunfire, with a terrible paint job, it made no sense to deal with insurance. If I had a nice newer car, the story would be different. In the end, if it was going to happen, I am glad it happened when we can see it. It could of been a lot worse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out