Slowly Changing For The Better

     Since I was in middle school, I had slowly gained weight.  Two things have been to blame for the reasons why I have gained weight.  The first, moving across town in March, 1999.  I had lost the friends I used to hang out with every single day, outside.  The internet wasn't big back then where we could keep in contact with our friends.  When I moved to where I am today, I had issues trying to fit into the kids in the new neighborhood.  As results, I ended up staying inside everyday, and resorting to Computers and Video Games for entertainment.  Along side with that, came bad eating habits, which is the second reasons I have gained weight. I start to think about how those bad habits came around, and have come to the conclusion that I just wasn't educated in proper eating habits.  The school system and my parents should have taken the time to get me on the right track.  By time high school came around, bad habits were in place.  Things have been tough, especially at school in middle school and high school, for I would be made fun of for being over weight.  It is amazing how many different things can be said about a person, and what people to judge you by your weight.  Some of those things get stuck in your mind, and can end up haunting you, and lowering your self estem.  I know this next little bit might be a little bit too much information, but I just am in free write mode, and really want to speak my mind.  One of the biggest things that people would make assumptions about with my being overweight would be my penis size.  Everyone just assumes that I am overweight, so I have a small penis.  Now people would say that you shouldn't let people's judgement and opinions get to you, but they can.  I would fear to get dressed in the locker room because of these things.  These type of statements would put me in a low spot, and in bad moods in high school and middle school.  Of course, for those now thinking about it because I had mentioned it, no, I don't have a small penis.  I wont state the official size, just on the basis of TMI, but according to the penis size averages of the US, I am above average.  Trust me, after having comments like that made to me, I did my research and measuring, for fear they were right.  Thank god they weren't   Anyway, luckily, I had my friends in 4-H who saw past my physical state, and then met two of the most important people of my life, and best friends Scotty and Jane, who saw past my physical size as well.  By time I graduated high school, I was in a big need to lose weight, but never would have the strength to fight the bad eating habits, and to be more active.  In college was the same way.  Acid Reflex Disease hit me in June, 2007, a week after I had returned from a Yosemite camping trip.  The chances of getting it was high, since it runs in the family genetics, but it probably wouldn't have started till many years down the road if I was skinny.  Ever since then, I have tried many attempts to lose weight and fail.  My self estem about my physical self would be low, and cause me to emotionally eat, which never was a good thing.  After awhile, I had learned I just can't try out a diet, I need to make life changes.  


     First I stopped drinking dark sodas, for it was bad for stomach reflex.  Second, as of January 10, 2010, on a flight from Sacramento to Ontario, I had my very last soda.  This would be a first step towards many steps towards me losing weight, and changing my life.  I can't remember my weight during these times, but I do know that at the beginning of high school, I weighted around 220 pounds, and around the time I had stopped drinking that last soda, I was around 267 pounds.  Quite drinking sodas was the best move I could ever do.  Along with sodas, I quite drinking many sugar high drinks, and sticked with black ice tea, water, and crystal light.  The next big change, was to be more active.  In January 2011, I had started to walk.  I didn't walk all the time at first, and had times of long breaks, sometime as long as a month, but by April, I would be walking 2.2 miles three times a week.  I would also start watching eating fast food, which I know is another large issue.  By time summer came around, I was walking 3 miles 5 days a week, which started in June, and went through all of July and beginning of August.  Through out this summer, I would have people say that they have noticed I have lost weight, and it felt good.  For those who read my blogs, you will now that I went camping with two friends in August to the Eastern Sierras, and in just a 4 day trip, we had hiked near 12 miles.  5 of which was in a one hiking period.  A few years ago, I wouldn't have been able to hike that much.  Sadly, the walking completely stopped after that trip.  I was tired, and I stopped for awhile to give my body a rest, and that caused me to break out of habit of walking.  I have been wanting to start in September, but I got lazy.  I also ended up eating more fast food, and other bad things.  Today, I am changing that back into what I had before.


     Last night, I had known the past few months have been bad, and I wanted to get back on track.  I would like at the mirror with no shirt on, and would get a depressing feeling for how I look.  I have had that type of feeling every once in a while, and has caused me to jump right back into losing the weight.  I also have a fear for people judging me for my weight, especially those who just know of me, or don't know me at all.  I care for how people judge me based off my appearance due to my weight that I have only had my shirt off in public ONCE in the past 13 years, and it took a lot of strength to do that, and it was just in front of two people I know, one of them being Jane, my best friend.  I weighted myself this morning, and I am currently at 240 pounds.  I am glad that it is a great improvement from the 267 a year and a half ago, but its not good enough for me, so Im getting back on track.  I had already walked 3 miles today, and it felt great!   Two of my best friends, Matthew and Kristen, are getting married October 2012, and I am in the wedding party, which means I will be wearing a tux.  My goal is to lose more weight, and lose enough in a year from now to were I would look amazing in a tux, and not look like a over weight person.  I would love to feel comfortable not wearing a shirt in public, like at the beach, or at a swimming pool, and I want to be able to do more activities and have more energy at which being over weight can't do.  I want to be healthy, to look healthy, and be able to wear close that shows my figure.  Of course, right now, I don't do that for it will show my fattness.  My goal, is to get down to 200 pounds.  I think if I can stay strong, and stay focused, I can make it happen.  I might write blogs on here from time to time with my feelings.  Of course, im not telling people about these blogs, so they most likely wont read them, not for awhile.  I have been slowly losing weight since I had my very last soda.  Hopefully, I can change more in the future towards my goal, and it starts today.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out