Nature's Wake Up Call

     I know I said my next blog was supposed to be about Labor Day weekend, but this morning was amazing, and I just had to write about it.  The past few days, our mountains and the high desert has been experiencing summer monsoon weather with flash floods, lighting and thunder, and wind.  Of course, with me loving that weather, I have been hoping we would get to experience that epic crazy nature show, but I didn't have much hope, for in the summer we rarely get any action.

     My hopes had come true this morning.  I was sleeping, and not expecting to wake up till 10ish, which has been my normal wake up time in the summer.  I had my window open, and I had woken up in a slight mini "heart attack" to the loud crashing noise of thunder, from a lightning bolt that had struck near the house.  It was so loud that it had woken up my sister as well.    From her saying that, I know the bolt was real close to our house.  Kinda wish I experienced that, but I was sound asleep. The windows in the house had shook for a few moments from the shock waves from the lightning bolt.  Most of the time, if we have thunderstorms go through the area at night, I tend to sleep through them, so you know this was a real loud bang if it woke me up. My mom was up before it hit, and she said that she first hear a small rumbling, along side with a strange electrical sound, then a few moments the large bang.  After I woke up from the almost deafening thunder boom, my eyes opened, and since my body was facing my open window, I noticed the dark stormy weather outside.  Instantly after, I hear my cat Radar run as fast as he can out of my room.  I laid there for a few moments, looked at the clock and it read 6am.  I just wanted to go back to sleep.  My mom walked in, which I quickly covered myself since I was just wearing briefs.  She walked over to close my window.  Then told me I should get up and find Radar, because he ran into my parents room to hide, and is probably freaked out.  She left, and I laid down, attempting to go to bed, but couldn't, for I was excited for this weather, because I love crazy weather.  I started seeing more flashes from the window, as more lightning strikes were occurring, followed by the thunder.  Soon after, a heavy rain began, which made a rain roar through the house.  In a few moments, hail joined in with the rain.  I decided to get out of bed, get some clothes on, and find the cat.  I looked all throughout their room, at his normal hiding places, and didn't find him.  I went downstairs, and told my mom, but she knew he was there.  I went back up, and looked again.  I moved a good portion of my dads shirts in their closet, and he was curled up in a ball behind them.  I could tell he was freaking out.  I started petting him, and he started purring after awhile, and in about 5 mins, he got out of the closet and calmed down.

     After that, I left Radar, and went back to lay in bed.  Before doing so, I looked out my window, the entire street was flooded, and I was thankful I didn't have to drive through that.  After laying in bed for a few moments, the rain stopped, then the lightning, and I passed back out.  When I woke up again, it was 9:45, and it was bright and sunny.  I looked outside, and everything was dry.  It seemed as if nothing had happened that morning.  This morning was fun to have that storm, I just wasn't happy it woke me up early, and didn't last that long.  Anyway ,there is a small blog about this morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out