Camping at the Farm



     For those who might not know, my cousin, Amanda, is leaving in less than a week to Afghanistan for 11 months.  She has been down here for just over a week and we have been chilling in between my school and work schedule.

Yesterday afternoon while Amanda was driving back home from Camp Pendleton, she called me with an idea to have a campfire at the farm and roast hot dogs and have smores.  Then with that idea, she randomly came up with the idea of us having a Camp out at the farm, since she wont be able to go camping for the next year.  With that idea, I grabbled some clothes, my computer class homework, and my tent and headed on up to the farm.  When I arrived we first had dinner.  Amanda and I were hungry and was impatient, so we started the BBQ up and just cooked the hot dogs and sausages in that instead of the open fire.  As dinner was getting done, we were attempting to light the fire with no success.  Near the end of dinner, my Uncle, Darrel, saved the day and was able to start the fire.  


     We chilled around the fire as the sun was setting, and near the time it was getting dark, we broke out the smores.  We always have fun having smores at the farm.  It was nice to be around good company having a blast with such a simple thing.  We don't do those type of things anymore in my family, so its nice to come to the farm to enjoy the simple things in life.  After awhile, my aunt and uncle went to bed, and Amanda and I sat in front of the fire till around 10 pm.  We went into the house to get ready for bed, then went out into the tent. 
     We brought Turbo, Amanda's American Eskimo Dog, with us because Turbo is just that awesome.  We talked for a bit before getting tired and starting to fall asleep.  It was about 40 degrees outside but it felt really nice and not that cold at all.  We were almost asleep when Molly, a puppy blood hound gets real determined to get into out tent.  Amanda and I felt as if we were fighting off a bear that was trying to come and kill us.  Now I know my tent isn't bear proof :(  Finally we were able to get Molly away, and we were able to go back to sleep.  Turbo didn't help us at all.  Some guard dog he is. 
     It was hard to fall asleep, and not because of being on the hard ground, but because the dogs in the house would come out of the house every 15 mins or so to bark at something that doesn't exhist.  It got annyoing fast.  Also noticed that someone kept going in and out of the house from the cat room.  Not sure if it was my aunt just checking to make sure we arn't dying or what but it was enough to keep me awake.  Not sure what time I finally went to bed, but it wasn't for very long. 
     Woke up to hearing my Uncle leave for work in the morning.  Then of course the dogs were wide awake and which got Turbo exciting, so we had to let him out of the tent.  After turbo left we tired to get more sleep, then the monster Molly had to give another attempt to get in the tent, and this time it was hard to get her away.  She finally left, but in about 15 mins later, she came back, and this time whatever we did, she wouldn't leave which pissed both of us off.  I finally grabed my water bottle and splashed water on here, and she finally got the hint and left.  I was able to get one more hour of sleep.  Finally got out of the tent at 7:30 which is early for me.  Amanda stayed in the tent for longer, and I figured she would be the first person up.
     Our small camping adventure was fun, and it made me really want to go camping for real.  Too bad camping isn't part of this summer's plan.  I spent my day at the farm, doing all my last computer class homework, then had to stop to do real work, then back to computer homework.  When I was done Amanda and I went to the super Walmart in Banning, then had forzen Yogurt.  Im now waiting to go to my last class of the Spring Semester.  Can't wait till it is over!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out