Winter Vacation: Beaverton, Oregon

From December 26th till January 2nd, I was up in Beaverton, Oregon (next to Portland, Oregon) to visit my oldest cuz amanda along with her family who was visiting her as well.  I flew up on the 26th with amanda's sister Krystal's fiancee John.  Once we got up there, Amanda, my aunt maria, and krystal picked us up at the airport.  Over the next week we went to cool places around Oregon, and had some fun.  It rained for all but one day while i was up there, and the hottest it got was 42 degress and the coldest where in the low 30's.  And went to the mountain where it was in the high 20's.

Since my cuz amanda is a hockey player, we went to see 2 of her practices, and Krystal learned a few hockey tricks before one of the practices.  During the practices,  I would play video games with John to warm up, since it is very cold in the ice hockey rink.  It was fun seeing my cuz try to kick the other peoples asses in her practices.  While Amanda and Krystal where working on some hockey moves at a different ice rink, John and I went Cosmic Bowling....we played 5 games for 10 bucks, and that included the shoe rentals. 

While we where up there, we went to the Oregon Zoo.  We woke up to see some sunshine so we decided it would be cool to go.  It was a very nice zoo, smaller then what I am used to.  We where about 1/2 though the zoo when it started to snow on us, but that didn't stop us.  We continued. 

We went to the second tallest waterfall in the world, the Multnomah falls, which flows into the Columbian River.  Also, while where where out there, we went to the Bonneville Dam and hachory...we saw some awesome big fish...it was cool...and my cuz's dogs wanted to jump in for alittle fun, but we didnt let them.

For New Years Eve, we went to a professional hockey game, the Portland Winter Hawks Vs. the Seattle Thunderbirds.  It was my first offical hockey game, and it was really cool....love to see the fights...lol....sadly the Winter Hawks lost the game   Afterwards, my cuzs skates on the ice while i chilled with my aunt and John.

That night, we celebrated new years as if we where in chicago because everyone wanted to go to sleep.  So we counted down and then lite some smoke bombs outside.  Then everyone went to sleep...i stayed up till midnight to do the offical count down.

The next day, we went to Mt. Hood to have some fun in the snow.  It was very cold up there.  The location where we where was 28 degress.  We went sledding, and through some snowballs at each other.   The snow was extremely deep, it can go all the way to my chest in some parts.  It was crazy.

I had lots of fun and not too happy to be back home.  I went home with my aunt, Krystal, and John in a long 17 hour drive home....omg that was so boring

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out