07 State Leaders’ Forum

This weekend, I was at the Asilomar State Beach Conference Center in Pacific Grove just south of Monterey for the 2007 State 4-H Leaders' Forum.  This is a conference that 4-H adult leaders, the state 4-H ambassadors, and 4-H Computer Corps come together to learn about leadership skills, 4-H, and to share ideas. 

This year has been a very slow year then the past years.  I flew in to San Jose Airport, met up with Peter M from Los Angeles County, and we drove on down to the conference center.  This conference center is right on the beach facing the Monterey Bay. 

I had a 2 part web design workshop, and a geocaching workshop I was in control of.  I helped with the other workshop our computer corps is doing, which is our state technology team.  On friday night, my roommates and I where extremely hungry, so we went down to Cannery Row to get a large pizza.  Little did we know that this large pizza would need 2 people to carry.  It was extremely hudge.



Each night, my friends and I went to the beach to chill for alittle bit.  Last night, the State ambassadors, travis, steven, and I went to chill at the beach from 10:00 pm to around 1:00 am.  Then my roommates and I chilled in our room for another hour or so till we fell asleep.  The next morning chirsty and I had to create an afterglow presentation where everyone gets to see the photos we have taken of the entire conference.  We where able to stay calm and not be too rushed at this conference as in other conferences like State Leadership Conference.  I really enjoyed this, even with the wonder beach right next door.  At night as you walk, you would have a erry feeling with the thick fog in the air, the chill of the ocean breeze, and the sound of the rough surf.  It is awesome.  I am upset that I am going home, and that im sitting here at the San Jose Airport bored.  But ill be back next year, and I cant wait.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out