Memorial Day Weekend 2007

Like every memorial day weekend, I went up to UC Davis for the 2007 California 4-H State Field Day.  This year, went just alittle different.  For starters, i drove the 9 hour drive up to Davis, second...my dad was the only other person from my family that went this year.

Left around 11:00 from home, driving though the desert to bakersfield, then to the 99 all the way to sacramento. Got to Davis, slept, then woke up early the next day.

Of course, i ran the Geocaching event with my fellow California 4-H Computer Corps homies, which youth and adults could do while they are waiting to do their presentation.  We had about 200 out of the 500 people at the even take the geocaching challanege which took them to locationg all over the main campus of UC Davis.  At the end of the event, i packed up, and went to the meeting to talk about how things went and plan for next year.  I ended up on the planning committee of next year...woohoo....it should be fun, i hope.  After the meeting, 15 of my friends and I got together and went to see Pirates III in downtown Davis at 10:45.  OMG!!!!!!! Pirates III was awesome....i can't wait to see it again next time i go to the movies.  We got out at 2 in the morning, then we went to the hotel to sleep.

The next morning, my dad and i woke up, eat at a great local resturant, then popped in the car to drive to monterey.  After the 4 hour drive, my dad and i got to the hotel, then left to go walk around monterey, mostly Cannery Row, so we can get some of the best sea food around.  Of course, i found a geocache while at Cannery Row.  We went back to the hotel, and slept again.

Today, we woke up extremely early, got in the car, and went to Point Lobo State Reserve....which is located 5 mins south of Carmel-By-The-Sea.  This is the location that my favorite photographer, Ansel Adams, took some of his greatest photographs.  My dad and I spent till noon taking photographs, hiking, and of course, geocaching...lol...Sadly, it was foggy so i have no clue how my photographs will turn out.  I have to say, this is the most beautiful locations i have ever been in this state.  I highly recommend visiting this awesome location.  Afterwards, was the dream i have been waiting for....Driving the mighty PCH, Highway 1, off the coast.  With its killer turns, and cliffs, I almost felt like i was flying over the ocean in some location.  I love this road, and i have finally driven it...woot...i didn't drive off the cliff...lol

We arrived in San Louis Obispo just in time for lunch, then headed to the 4 hour drive home, of course, we got home later because of LA Traffic.  I do say this trip was well worth it....total about of driving for this weekend....1,124.6  Great...now my car is ready for an oil change....lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out