And 2014 Begins...

     2014 came in a way that no other year has come.  It began with good times, and was followed with suffering.  Scotty invited me to his house on New Years Eve for combo party.  A birthday party for one of this brother's girl friends and a New Years party.  Of course I was going to go.  Most New Years, I send to sit alone in my dark room in front of the computer just waiting for the clock to hit midnight.  At midnight, I send a mass Happy New Years test, post on social media (facebook, twitter, google +), wish I had someone special for a New Years kiss (I am not that lucky :/ ), put my computer in sleep mode, then go to bed.  I was excited to be with friends for a change.  
  
     The party went well.  Mostly Scotty's family and friends, Jane and was there, and friends of the birthday girl.  Noelle was there as well.  I mention Noelle separately only to say that Scotty and Noelle have been the topic on the side conversations.  They seem to be getting a little close, and everyone is wondering how close?  I guess Jane and I have a concern that this closeness is out of desperation and not truly feelings.  That type of situations can cause drama and destroy friendships.  We just don't want Scotty to make that mistake.  We worry about it.  We will see what happens.  Anyway, we all got drunk, and we all just goofed around and enjoyed each other's company and brought in the New Years with drunk energy.  I got really drunk that night.  I drank a bud light, two glasses of sangria, two double jello shots, sparkling wine, two shots of honey whiskey, a glass and a half of another beer called Hullabaloo, and a glass of a piece of ass.  I never drink that much, but I just did.  Nothing bad happened or crazy happened.  I think the only thing I did was bend to peer pressure near the end of the night.  Everyone wanted me to put cheesecake on my finger and close my eyes.  I refused..and expected that the birthday's uncle, who just happens to be gay, would end up sucking it off my finger.  Of course, I caved into peer pressure and did it anyway.  I was right.  The uncle went after the cheesecake, except he bit it off more than sucked.  It was embarrassing.  We were all drunk, so it doesn't bother me.   At the end of the party, Scotty's parents, the bday girl, her uncle, Scotty's brother, Noelle, and I stayed the night.  We all passed out around 2 am.

     Scotty's parents woke up first, and began cleaning.  I ended up waking up from their cleaning since I was on the couch.  I felt bad for not helping them, but I was hung over badly.  After awhile, they left, and I went back to rest.  Everyone except Noelle and I were left when Scotty woke up.  We were starving, so we headed to Ihop down the road for breakfast.  Not sure why, but having a big breakfast with eggs, hashbrowns, gravy, even a chicken fried steak is one amazing thing the morning after a night of drinking.  We went back to Scotty's house where we chilled for awhile.  Noelle left, and it was time for Scotty and I to head to the second part of the party.  We were meeting his family and the bday girl's family at Hangar 24 for a beer and pizza party.  Scotty and I went to Pizza Hut in Redlands to get the pizzas first before we got to Hangar 24.  We were there from 2 till 4 pm. I had just a 1/2 a pint to help with the hangover.  Afterwards, we went back to Scotty's house, then I headed home.  It was a very slow and recovering day.  When I got home, I ate a ham dinner that the parents made then went to bed.  I went to sleep early, and expected to feel great the next morning.  Little did I know, I would not get that satisfaction.  

     I woke up late, which was expected.  I no longer felt hungover, but I felt a different type of unpleasant discomfort.  I began to experience sever diarrhea.  I was running to the restroom ever 10-20 minutes.  Because of how I felt, I only ate a piece of bread for breakfast and a few pieces of pepperoni around lunch time.  In the early afternoon, it got worse.  For the first time in roughly 12-14 years, I threw up.  It was official that I had caught a stomach flu.  I was extremely devastated.  Why?  Because the next day, Friday the 3rd to that Sunday, I was supposed to be up at the Nevada State 4-H Camp with the 4-H Tech Team for the winter retreat that I have been going to the past 4 years.  In the 9 years of being on the tech team, this was the first time I had to stay home from a tech team event, and cancel flights because I was in no state to travel or to be anywhere but home.  It pissed me off, it saddened me...I was upset enough that I even had a few tears.  I love the tech team, and I love working with my amazing team members.  That weekend is the most important weekend for the teach team, and I had to miss it.  It is to show you how much I feel about the team.  On Saturday, I was laying in my bed watching House of Cards on Netflix when I got a Google Hangouts call from Daniel.  The team called me from Tahoe during a meeting.  It made me feel so loved and missed.  In 30 seconds after the call, they asked me for a report.  Of course I was shocked.  I had no computer on or anything.  I was dead.  I had not slept in two days or eatten in two days.  I was in no mood for a meeting, but I kept on going.  I went over to my computer, turned in on, went to the team google documents, and participated for the next few hours.  One side of me was so happy.  They missed me, and they wanted to keep me in the loop.  The otherside of me was having issues paying attention.  The biggest news shock was learning we may have to chance the team name if the 4-H program redefines what a leadership group is.  They had to leave for dinner, and I went back to rest. 

     That night, I was dying in hunger.  I could not sleep.  Around 4:30 in the morning, I began eatting crackers.  At that point, it had been 56 hours since my last meal.  Afterwards, I was still hungry, so I ate a bowl of cheerios without milk.  I was finally able to pass out.  Three hours later, I woke up, and was able to eat two eggs.  It seemed after suffering, I was finally able to eat and be on another road to recovery.  I began thinking about it, and if this was going to happen, I was glad it happened this weekend.  If it started just a little bit later, I would of had to miss the first day of school.  That would of caused me to drop out of classes.  TIC is in two weeks.  If this happened right before TIC, the conference would be at risk of being canceled.  It would have been worse if it happened while at TIC.  Saturday night was the first time I was able to get more than an hour or two of sleep since New Years night.  The next day, I was still tired, feeling a painful hungry, and in recovery.  My mom had my sister and I spend the day scrubbing fish tanks for her classroom, which did not help with the mood I was feeling.

     Winter quarter started the next day, and it was the first day I felt mostly normal.  2014 came in a way that no other year has ever come. I want to say more, but for some reason I think I am done so there. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out