The Plan: First Speed Bump

     From my last blog post, you will see that I had created a plan to start training towards a goal of running in a 5K.  Main goal of this training is to become a healthier self, and to lose weight.  Things started off great, but then I hit the first speed bump towards accomplishing my goals.  


     I had completed the first week of the couch to 5K training plan with great success.  Afterwards, I felt I had made a great accomplishment that I would be proud of down the road.  When week 2 had began, the first run went great!  It was hard for me to jump up the courage to get out there, but I did it!  Sadly, this was the last time I had done the training program.  The time that I was supposed to run the second day of week 2 of the plan, I had to travel out to California State University Northridge for the 2012 American Camping Association Training.  It is a requirement for all 4-H summer camp staff.  My plan at this point was to get back on the plan the next day.  Unfortunately, that never happened.  That coming week was finals week, and I had to put all my attention towards studying for finals.  Since half my weekend was spend doing 4-H work, the rest had to be school.  I figured finals were more important at that time.  I told myself once finals are over, I will pick up right where I left off.  


     Everything seemed to be alright, until another speed bump hit me.  The day after I finished taking my finals, I became sick.  Probably because of the stress from finals.  Got to love college.  Being sick took me out for three days.  After I started feeling better, I had Scotty's B-day party to go to.  My god I have to say I had a lot to drink that night, and a lot of bad foods.  Near the end of the time, I felt like a total fat ass, and started thinking about different things.  Of course, not letting my friends see that I had something on my mind.  Mostly had to deal with my size maybe the result as to why I can never find girl friends, and how I was probably the only virgin at this party.  I was blaming my size as the result of that. Anyway, the next day, after that party, which was great for the post part, I said I needed to get back on track.  I spent an afternoon hanging out with Jane.  We had a dinner picnic k up at Lake Gregory in Crestline.  We did some walking on the trail that went around the lake.  


     That night, I looked at my calendar, and realized this was a back time to start up the plan.  Starting this Saturday, I am to be out of town for  13 days on different 4-H trips and a personal trip.  There is no way I can attempt to do a plan while on this.  I decided to find another physical activity I can do to start now, then after my trips, I will begin the couch to 5K plan all over again.  Yesterday, after dinner, I had decided to take my bike for a ride.  I rode it as the sun set, and for 30 mins.  I set a timer on my iphone so I knew when to stop.  For the most part, the ride went well.  Only problem was the hands getting sore from the bike handles.  I also started watching a little more on what I am eating, for I know I have let that go a bit.  Today, I sat on the computer all day, and things got real boring.  Finally, the parents wanted to go out for dinner, so I went with them.  We went to Dennys.  I had Fish and Chips and Broccoli.  Not the greatest.  I once again felt like a fat ass.  After we came home, I decided to get back out there and ride my bike for another 30 mins.  This time, I attached my GPS handheld device to the bike to record the milage of the bike.  I rode for 30 mins.  I stopped and almost quite at 24 mins into the ride, but then I decided to keep going.  The hands felt like crap again.  At the end of the ride, the GPS said that I had rode my bike 4.4 miles.  I have to say that was an accomplishment for me to get out there and ride for the second day in a row.  




     After the ride, I took a shower and bath.  Of course, while just sitting in the bath tub looking at myself I had a few moments in a down.  Looked at myself as a fatass where no one would want to be with.  Then I started to think that my life is good.  I just need to take better of myself and I will lose more weight.  I find it quite interesting that everytime I get into a down, and thing about my size, and how without my clothes on; the thing that pops up in my mind is relationship stuff.  I don't think about how friends or family see me.  Just how girls think of me.  Yeah, if I was talking to someone about it, they would say it is the inside that matters.  Sadly, I don't believe it is just the inside.  Your partner has to like what they see on the outside too, or things just wont happen.  Now you might be thinking if I am trying to lose weight to get at girls.  No, not all the time.  That is just part of it.  I do want more energy, and have more capability to do more things, like do longer hikes and whatnot.  Losing weight will help with all of that.  I am just saying that I find it interesting that every time I get down on my weight, it is mostly because of girls.  It just sucks at sometimes.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out