My 4-H Story--1995--First Year in 4-H

As I grew up in the 4-H Program, we had to complete something called a Record Book every year. This would be used to determine what awards I would win for my accomplishments in that 4-H year, which a 4-H year is July to June.  My next blog posts will be the actual 4-H Stories I had to write, giving a summary of what I have done in that 4-H year.  I decided to post them here in my blog for people to read, and to also have a electronic copy, just in case something happens to the original files.  I shall post a new story once a week.

This is the first 4-H story I have written.  I was 7 years old, and this was written in 1995.

My 4-H Story
Written 1995
Age: 7
Year in 4-H: 1

This year I am learning what 4-H is about.  I went to the meetings and also went to County Field Day.  At the Field Day I did judging and I also was in the club skit.  It was fun.  I am learning the 4-H pledge and how to be a good member.

My name is John Trammell.  I am 7 years old.  I live in Highland and I go to Belvedere Elementary.  I am in first grade.  I have a sister, Ashley.  She is 4 years old.  I like working on the mackintosh computer, visiting dinosaur exhibits in museums, going on camping trips, collecting volcano rocks, and taking pictures.  In the summer I take swimming classes and in the fall I play soccer.  I have also been in music classes and now I get piano lessions.

My mom, Rozie is new to the 4-H program, but my dad, Steven, was a 4-H All Star and went to the National Congress where he was a National winner in photography.

I joined the Arroyo Verde 4-H Club as a mini member in December 1994.  I haven't been in the club long, but I am attending the meetings, learning the 4-H Pledge and  I am learning what projects I would like to do.  I am looking forward to a fun year next year and hope to start a project to report on next year.

Oh yeah, almost forgot.  I asked my mom to type up this page because i don't write real good.  This way you can read my story easier.

Sincerely,

John Trammell

Comments

  1. I can't say I miss the stress of frantically trying to get these done the night before the deadline, but they do serve as great keepsakes. Super good idea to make this an electronic record though, losing those 12 years of records would be quite sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. It was all hell writing these stories. This will the only story that was simple, and small. I figured I post them here on the blog so that if any computer crashes, they stories are safe. And if anyone feels like they want to read them to know me better, they can go right ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out