Emily's California Visit 2009

Two Weeks after I had returned home from visiting Emily in Indiana, she arrived in Southern California to chill with me for 8 days.  Originally, she was traveling out to chill with a friend at his parents house in Long Beach.   Their friendship went sour, and decided that she and I will just chill, for we didn't want her to waste the money of a plane ticket.  This has to be the most traveled trip while Emily was here in California, and it was very tiring. 

Barton Flats Camping Trip
     With the short notice of Emily's plans changing while she was in California, my parents where not too happy about the situation, and said she isn't allowed over at the house.  So I needed to find something to do to where we would have a good time, and not have to pay tons of money for a hotel room.  Around the same time that Emily and I where chillin the entire time she was in California, Jane contacted me asking if I would like to join her and her boyfriend for a camping trip in Barton Flats in the San Bernardino Mountains.  I asked if we could have the trip on dates that Emily was here at the beginning of the week, and Jane had the trip for the first three days that Emily will be here.  In the morning of the trip, Jane stopped by to pick up my tent and other supplies, so I would have room for Emily's items in the car.  They where also nice enough to put up mt tent since Emily and I where arriving after the sunset.  In the afternoon, I took the long drive with tones of traffic down to LAX to meet up with Emily after she landed at 6:20pm.  We slowly drove out of LA, and headed to The Farm (My Aunts house in Yucaipa, which Emily and I staid after the camping trip) to drop off some things, go grocery shopping, and then headed up the 38 up  to Barton Flats, which is 1/2 to Big Bear.
     We arrived around 10:30 at night, and everyone was just chillin by the fire.  Scotty, Emily, and I was in our tent, and Jane and Nathan was in another.  It seems that Nathan had two friends arriving late that night, so they made another tent from a tarp that they would sleep in.  Everyone got to meet Emily, and we just chilled by the fire till about 1 in the morning, then headed off to bed.
     The second day was quite a good day.  We all had breakfast and chilled for a little bit while everyone woke up.  Last summer when Emily was out here, she really enjoyed Big Bear, so Scotty, Emily, and I headed up to Big Bear while Jane, Nathan, and Nathan's friends went off roading.  We first drove around the lake to the Discovery Center, and drove all the way around the lake, stopping at different places to take photos of course, and we finally got to the village.  We walked around, looked at shops, and ate at this awesome restaurant called The Peppercorn Grille.  After having fun at the village, we headed back down to camp, for Noelle was going to be coming up to camp with us.  On the way back, we stopped at Jenks Lake, and did some adventuring their.  Right when we got there, we saw an old dead tree that went into the lake.  We all decided to see how far we could go out on the lake before being to affraid of falling in.  With that we took tons of pics.  We continued on, and while where where walking near the east beach, i fell and scrapped my knee.  IT SUCKED. 
     We got back to camp, chilled for a little bit, then Emily wanted to adventure some by going to the store an Angelus Oaks just down the road, so Scotty, Emily, and I went down and back.  Driving back from the store, i noticed i was missing my cell phone, and so we first stopped at camp to look around for it.  No one saw it, so we got back into the car towards the store.  While heading back to the store, Emily got a message from my phone.  It seems someone at the campsite found it, and is at campsite 12.  Then Scotty's phone rings, it was my phone, and he talked to them.  We turned around and looked for campsite 12.  Of course, all the campsites there where empty, so at that moment, i figured it was a prank from someone at camp.  After a while, I finally got back my phone, and was happy again.  That night, we chilled, Scotty and I played a South Park Trivia Game, which I WON!!!!!!!! and we just sat around the fire talking, having fun and enjoying each other's company. 
     On the last day of camp, we just chilled around and tore down the camp.  Jane and Nathan booked another night then planned, so they stayed another night along with Noelle, but I wanted to get back down to the Inland Empire to plan for our next trip, and stuff to do to pass the time, so Scotty, Emily, and I headed down the hill.  We stopped off at the Forest Falls General Store first, cuz Emily wanted to look for root beer that is there from her neck of the woods.
    I want to thank Jane for Inviting me to this Camping trip, and to allow me to bring Emily along on the trip.

Inland Empire Chillin
     For the next two days, Emily and I would stay at my Aunts house in Yucaipa, with going around the Inland Empire chillin.  Some of the things that Emily really wanted to do was to go to In N Out, Pink Berry, CPK, and whatever else we have in California that she doesn't have.  Along side of chillin thoughout the Inland Empire, I was getting all the final plans put together for our other trip up to central California. 


Yosemite Turnaround Trip

     With Emily being in California over a handful of times, I had to think of taking her to a place that she hasn't been yet.  Yosemite National Park was the place to go.  We went on a three day turnaround trip to see the national park, and then to get back to the Inland Empire so Emily could fly home. 
     We left from Scotty's house around noon, and we took the 5 hour drive up to lovely Merced, California....yeah....j/k about the lovelyness.   On the way up to Merced, we stopped off at the ONLY Jimmy Johns in California, located in Clovis which is a suburb of Fresno.  The food was about the same....TOTALLY AWESOME...but the feel and the speed wasn't the same like in Indiana.  We made it into Merced around 6:00, and we got settled into our room, then we wanted to see what there was to do in Merced, so we headed downtown.  Their downtown reminded me of State Street in Redlands, just shops and food.  There was nothing else to really do, except see a movie.  We where going to see a movie, but it cost 10 bucks, and we where like....HELL NO!!! We spent the rest of our night in the hotel room.
     The second day was the fun and fully day.  We drove the 80 miles to Yosemite Valley from Merced.  I was kinda the tour guide of the day, since I know Yosemite real well, so I took them to Tunnel View, Bridalvail Falls, Curry Village, Yosemite Village, Yosemite Falls, Vally View, Happy Ilse, Happy Ilse Nature Center, and took a look at some Meadows.  I liked being back in Yosemite, since it was only a month and 1/2 ago I was living there for 7 days camping.  The only two things i didn't like about Yosemite in July, was the waterfalls where only 1/2 way flowing and it was hot.  It was 95 the day that we went to the valley, and it was over 100 the day after we where there.  I will prefer the awesome weather of June and when the waterfalls are overflowing with water.  One thing, which i wish we had time for, was to take my friends to Mirror Lake, but we didn't have time to hike there and see everything else in a fast pace.  One cool thing about this trip to Yosemite was that I got the closest I have ever been to a deer in the valley.  It was just a arm length away, and without moving, i could of totally petted it.  It was just chillin eatting grass in Curry Village behind where you get Ice Cream.   Even though it was hot, I still enjoyed being back in Yosemite, and I felt my friends enjoyed themselves.  I just wish we could of camped in the valley, for that makes the experience totally different.  After a long day, we drove back down to our hotel in Merced to rest and chill.
     The third day, we drove on back down to the Inland Empire.  In Between Fresno and Bakersfield, Scotty noticed the low antifreeze light came on, and it got me to start worrying.  We stopped off in Bakersfield to allow the engine to cool, so we could add water in it.  We needed it if the car was going to make it though the grapevine.  When we got out of the grapevine, the low antifreeze light came back on, and i started to think if I had a leak or not.  Good news is, my parents left for a trip to Washington D.C., so I just used my mom's car until they got home.  We stopped off to have some Pink Berry, and then went on home.

Emily's Last Day
     The day after return from the Yosemite Trip, Emily takes off from LAX at 11:00pm.   We spent an entire day in LA before taking her to the airport.  Our first stop was Sprinkles, a designer cupcake store in Beverly Hills near the Santa Monica Blvd and Rodeo Drive intersection.  Our first mission when we parked, was to find a restroom, which seemed to be quite an adventure.  We looked all over the place for a restroom, and we didn't feel too good to go in a very expensive store to see if they had one (which was all the stores they had!!!!!) After around 30 mins of looking, we found a rite aid, and went it to use their restroom.  That came to be another problem, for the Keys where missing, for someone had them and they weren't at the restroom.  It took another good 15-20 mins to finally get the keys, so that we can go to the restroom.  After that, we went right over to Sprinkles, and we each got a free cupcake, because we knew the secret code of the day, and then we got another one to have.  Those where the best cupcakes EVER!!!!!! After that, we drove down to the La Brea Tar Pits.  We decided not to see the museum part, but we did see the supper big tar pit up front and took pics, then we stopped at the gift shop.  Afterwards, I took Emily down to the Santa Monica Pier and Beach, where we killed a few hours before heading back down to LAX to drop her off.

I had a great time while Emily was here, and I want to thank all who helped out to make Emily's trip a good one.  THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out