A Bad Geocaching Experience

Last weekend, I have decided to begin geocaching again, as a stress releaver from homework, school, and work; and that every Sunday I would go geocaching unless I have an event or meeting or weather didn't premit it.  Today, Rebekah was bored, and wanted to chill, so I took her on her first geocaching adventure with me throughout highland.  We found our first geocache no problem.  Our second cache of the day, we weren't so lucky.
     I thought the cache was hidden at the AAA in Redlands, so I parked my car over there.  The coordinates kepts us going to the hotel parking lot next door.  We ended up finding the cache in the base of a light pole ( a typical location for a cache to be hidden) I took the log out of the cache, and placed the cache and the log on the wall near the dumpster.  The good thing was noone was around so we where safe to grab the cache, except there where video cameras.  As I was about to sign my username on the log, the hotel manager and the assistant came out of the hotel, and said "How can we help you?".  Right away, i was like....oh shit, but i thought it wouldn't be that big of a deal, for anyone who hides a geocache, if not in a public location, but on private property, the owner was supposed to have permission to have the cache on that property.  
     I begin to explain what geocaching was, and they where giving me and rebekah the wrost looks ever, and that we where up to no good.  After half way though, the manager wouldn't let me keep explaning, and started being agressive over us, and that shouldn't have happened since it wasn't our faults at all.  The manager took the cache log out of my hands, then demanded the rest of the cache be turned over to hear.  Then the manager stated that she was going to call the police about the issue, and if anyone else is caught looking for the cache, the police will be called asap.  
     Rebekah and I left, walked towards the street, then too my car.  It was the worst experience geocaching, and I hope that this will never happen again.  We did find 7 caches that day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out