2007 SoCal Firestorm: The Slide Fire

By now all of you should know the fact that southern California is in the middle of a Firestorm.  The first tragity since the October 2003 fires.  Here is how the Slide Fire, in the San Bernardino Mountain Range effected my day.

This morning, i turned on the news to learn more about what was going to fine a new fire, called the Slide Fire, located in Running Springs 15 miles north of Highland in the San Bernardino National Forest.  Went to school, then as Scotty and I where walking to the car, Noelle calls to let us know of a rumor that there is an evacuation order for north Highland area.  So I droped scotty off and went home. 

It seems there was an volunteer evacuation, which is still in place, for east Highland, just above Highland Ave.  Which i live 2 blocks south of there.  Later on in the day, my parents and sister went off  to REV for her band concert.  I had to stay to babysit the house incase something happened.  A county Sherrif interupted the concert to make a announcement that there was a manditory evacuation  for anyone living in Highland above  Baseline, which includes our house.  My dad comes straight home to find no cops anywhere in the area, and no fire anywhere close.  I wanted to leave cuz they said, but my dad went back to REV after awhile and had me stay home. 

Tiff and Jane supprised me at home, when i was waiting for scotty to show up, so we walked around in the ash filled sky, and now we are all home chillin.  My dad is pissed that the sherrifs had a panic attack like that and lied about the evacuation when it really wasnt happening.  He will be filling a complaint. 

I want to thank everyone who showed their support today with the evacuations and offering your places for my family to go.  The danger is sill there as the Slide Fire at the moment is still at 0% contained.  If something is to come up, i will let all of you know.  God bless and keep your prays for all who have been effected by this terrible Firestorm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out