Another Sharp Turn on this Roller Coaster

   I have been in college working on my bachlors degree since August 2006.  Between then and now, my college career has been nothing but an extreme rollar coaster of challenges.  During my community college chapter, many of the hard bumps, turns, and steep hills of this roller coaster was my fault.  I had to push through my issues to successfully get out of there.  Near the end, I got my act together and finally transfered to CSUSB.  If things went as planned, I would be out in two years.  Of course, this rollar coaster does not become a straight away.  I had three major challenges.  The first is having to go back and take basic classes that my community college should have made me take.  This took two years to accomplish.  Very fustrating.  The seecond challege was myself.  I ended up having to retake a few classes due to the lack of motivation/intereet (two accounting classes).  This took more time.  Another year.  This year was the home strech.  If things went as planned in my head, I would have graduated in December, 2014.  As the theme of my college career would go, that plan would not happen.  Due to a few classes only being offered once a year, my graduation was to be postponed until June 2015.  I became a part time student and only two two classes per quarter.  As I got ready to enroll in my last quarter of college, I realized something that would create another dramatic sharp turn on this ride before arriving back at the station.

     To finally graduate, I need two more classes.  One is the final class for my Public Administration degree and one class for my Environmental Studies minor.  I logged in online to the registration system.  First, I enrolled in my public admin class.  Done.  Second, I have to choose between two courses to fulfill my last requirement for the minor.  I had discovered that neither of the choices were being offered in the spring.  I began to freak out.  I double, tripled, and quadruple checked.  No classes.  It became clear at that moment that I will not be graduating in June.  As you can imagine, I became super pissed.  Angry.  Becoming upset and crying followed.  My college career has been one extremely long and tough journey.  I was at the end, and because of this, my future has been put on hold until who knows when.  I am pissed.  I am 27 years old.  I still live at home and not making nowhere near enough to even consider moving out.  I am stuck in the same box I have been the past 8 1/2 years.  All I want is my damn piece of paper.  I want this ride to end so I can jump into the next one.  Because I am not a writer, I cant even begin to explain the frustration I feel.  My parents feel I can be able yo find d a way out of this by talking to an adviser.  I have no hope.  I meet with an adviser today.  Mostly to remove a registration hold.  I wish the schools and/or government would do something g to fix this issue.  Many other people can not graduate in time due to this issue.  It feels the school does this on purpose to keep us here longer in  order to get as much money from our tuition as possible.  Just a sign of how terrible life is in the education world right now.  I will continue to ride this terrible ride till the end.  There was a point many years ago where I almost jumped off.  I fought to stay on, and I am so close to being done.  I can see the station.  The ride is just teasing me by turning and traveling parallel to the station.  Having me see it and not take the direct route. I just need to be patient, and the ride will eventually turn towards the end.  I just wish this would end in June.  #firstworldproblems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out