Tough Times Ahead

     I am sitting here at my computer realizing that things are going to be very tough this next month of December.  For those who don't know, since October, I have only gotten 8 hours of work a month, so as of today I have only worked 16 hours in the past two months.  Its very hard for I use way more money than I am making for gas and food alone.  Now I just paid for my spring semester of college, which maxed out my credit card, and I have no money in the bank.  Lucky my parents are going to help me pay for school, but it makes me feel real bad that I now have to start asking for money again.  It has been 4 years since I have really needed to ask for money to help with things like school.

     I am currently looking for a second job, but all I can see that is available is seasonal holiday work, so once the holidays are over, I would get fired.  My parents suggest that I wait till after the holidays and try to find a job.  It sucks because I so want to be able to afford to get gifts for my family, and I just can't do it.  It will be the second year in a row that I won't be able to do so, and it kinda hurts.  I know that the only things I will be spending money on is gas, food, a trip to the La Brea Tarpits this Sunday (Which I have to do for geology class), and to do a day of paintballing on my birthday (Well Dec 19) with my cousin Krystal, John, my sister Ashley and her bf.  I love to go out and do things, but I wont be able to at all this coming month, and I feel bad because I want to do things with my friends.  Im going to be spending a lot more time at home, and just killing free time with 4-H work and video games, but my xbox live membership ends in mid december, and I won't be able to renew it, so that gives me more sitting time when I have nothing to do or can afford to do.  Now I am starting to feel how some of my friends feel when it comes to no money.

Sorry if this blog was kinda useless.  I just wanted to write down what was on my mind to try to get it out of my mind and get me focused again.  All I can do is keep looking for jobs (I have daily e-mails being sent to be about new jobs) and continue with school.  Hopefully I will get a small consultant job from my ex-boss after the new year.  Will only be about 50 hours or so, but it will look good on the resume and get me some money to survive

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out