My Goal: Havasupai Indian Reservation, Havasu Falls

A few days ago, Scotty showed me a photo of one of the most beautiful waterfalls that I have ever seen, called  Havasu Falls.  Out of all the waterfalls I have ever seen in my life, none has compared to the beauty of this waterfall.  The Havasu River flows through the red stoned canyon south of Grand Canyon National Park.  Just the color of the water makes this trip worth going to.  Instead of me just sitting here talking about it, look below at two photos of this wonderful waterfall.  Click on the photos to enlarge them.  The photo on the right was taken by David Wagner and the photo on the right is from sunrisefantasy.com 



You might be wondering how you can get to this waterfall.  It isn't just a simple drive to a location and to walk.  The waterfall is located on the Havasupai Native American Reservation in Arizona.  Two miles from the Supai Villiage, which is the most remote community in the continental United States.  There are only two ways to get down to Supai Village.  The first way is by Helicopter, and the second would be hiking the Havasupai Trail.  You would park at Hualapai Hilltop Parking lot, and take the eight mile hike down the Hualapai Canyon.  When you make it to Supai Village, you can stay in a hotel, which has power, and eat at the village resturant.  From the Village, it is another two mile hike into the Canyon to get to the three different waterfalls, Havasu Falls is the middle and the most beautiful waterfall in the canyon.  Total trip one way would be a ten mile hike down a canyon, making a full trip of 20 miles.

I have always wanted to set goals to become more healthy and fit again, but never had true motivation to help me other than just to be healthier.  Scotty and I are setting out a goal to hike to Supai, AZ, and visit this beautiful waterfall, in Spring of 2011.  This gives me a year to prepare.  Tomorrow, I will begin walking 2.3 miles every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, unless the weather is bad, to get me started on being more active.  Over time I will increase the mileage, and to begin jogging.  Over time, hopefully, I will push myself harder to become more fit.  I have already begun changing my diet, for it has now been over a month since I have had my last soda, and don't plan on having one for a very long time.  In the end, it will be worth it with going on this trip.  Wish me good luck!  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out