First Paintball Experience


For the holidays, my cousin, Amanda, came down from Portland, Oregon, and we always do great things when she is in town.  This year, she decided to take me paintballing along with her sister, Krystal, and her dad (my uncle), Darrel.  My sister also decided to come along and give paintball a try. I was excited to try paintballing, but also a little scared for the sport.  I decided to step out of my comfort zone and give it a try.  I had a blast, and was glad i went that day.


We went to a new place that opened just two weeks ago in Colton called Tombstone Paintball Park.  When we first pulled into the park, and drove past some of the fields, I started to get a nervous feeling that I wasn't going to like paintball, and that I was going to die.  We arrived right at 8:00 AM, when the park opens, so we can prepare for the first game which starts at 9 AM.  We registered, attended the rules presentation, and prepared our equipment.  Before long, the paintball staff was forcing us to hurry up and get going into some games.  That made me even more nervous because they where rushing us to play.  Because we didn't have enough equipment, and was too poor for rentals, my sister and I took turns with the paintball gun, and at times when one of us wasn't playing, we where in the field taking photos.  The first three games where 4 on 4 and it was Krystal, Amanda, Uncle Darrel, and I versus some other people.  We won the second game, and I got a kill the second game which was very shocking for me to get a kill that fast.  The rest of the morning, we played around 15 games before lunch, 3 game sets then a break to get more paint, and then head off to a new field.  



After lunch, things started to get warmed up.  My gun, which was a old gun of my uncles, started to not give me much power at all, and we realized that the screw to adjust the FPS fell out.  With that happening, we lost a gun to play with, and my uncle was tired of playing, so he gave his gun to Amanda while I got the gun she was using.  Once i got to use the new gun, i loved it.  I could actually shoot better and faster.  The field we played on after switching up the guns, we played in the trench field for a second time.  And I got my second kill of the day in the second game, which also happened to be the winning kill of the game.  My Cousins where shooting at the last person head on, and i decided to sneak around and flank the person from the left, i killed him with a head shot.  After getting that victory kill, i started to  fell real good about myself, and I started getting more into playing now that i was kinda used to paintball.  



Once the trench games were over, we all were starting to get tired from playing all day, and decided to go one more round of games, which this time was the speedball field.  Most people left the park for the day, so it ended up being a three on three match.  My uncle decided to let me use his gun, which is a very good and expensive gun.  Our team consisted of Ashley, Krystal, and I.  The other team consisted of other players and one ref.  The first game of speedball we lost, but we won the next two games, with me getting two of the three kills in the game.  It felt real good to finally get some kills, and the end of the paintballing day ended with a great victory.  Our last game was around 3:30 PM.



In the end, I had a blast playing.  I died many times, but I got 6 kills that day, which 2 of those kills were victory kills.  This paintball park, though still being built, was great.  The people there were really nice, and they helped out a lot.  It was also great to just be on a team mostly with my family members, and it was great to see them in action, and for me to join in the fun.  We had alot of fun, and we shall return next Sunday to have another full day of paintballing.  I even am considering buying a gun for myself, but we shall see!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earning a Masters During a Global Crisis

Reflecting on 2016

Coming Out